May 16, 2006

Bike Ride to Dunderave

What a wonderful 26 degree Celsius day today. The sun was shinning. The bird were chirping; and making love to the bee's, or so I'm told. Today was the day I felt like taking a bike ride. First time I've pulled my bike out in a long time. Not since last summer probably. It's a pretty good old bike. I actually stole it from my sister because she never used it... (But shh, don't tell her.)

The tires were flat, the pedal was broken and the seat was out of wack. Of course, I fixed it with little problem. Went to the gas station to pump up the ties with air. For some damn reason though, it took longer then I wanted to get going. My iPod was taking forever to load. Fixing the bike took long. I forgot thing after thing. But eventually I moved on and went for my first bike ride of the summer season. (Shut up, it's summer!)

My path took me down Marine Dr. towards Lions Gate Bridge. I went through Park Royal mall, then Park Royal Village. Past the Village toward the really nice soccer fields. Some women were having a soccer practice. Made me want to play soccer, or have a woman; not sure. I biked past the soccer players, made my way through Amblside. Past some more Frisbee, soccer, baseball, football and just people in the grass. They all looked serene and quaint. Made me want to do all of the above with some friends. But nope, I was biking.

On track, through Ambleside. Down to Dunderave. I swerved right, left, everywhere, to get past the people. They were nice and didn't get annoyed by my biking. I continued on to go where I usually walk; the warf. I ended up on the road in West Van. Fortunately there was no cars. I took this opportunity to feel serenity. I stretched my wing span, took deep breaths, felt the cool air in my face as I let my bike glide with no worries of hitting something with my eyes closed. It was at that moment I felt at peace, for once, in a long time. I came back into awareness and moved on.

I made it to the warf fine. More people then expected. I biked around the beach, then onto the warf. While there I was able to take a few pictures to blog here. I was in awe of the beauty of the land, with the sky, and the sunset. I was thinking 'it feels fantastic to be in my territory'. The sun was setting faster then I expected so I head back.

While away I was able to think on many of my plans. Choices Summer BBQ. All Community Forum. Community BBQ. Family Potlatch & Canoe. Radio stations and restaurants. I have many plans and it feels calming to relax and let my mind run free. Now I am home and feeling hungry.

Hopefully I will figure out somewhere healthy to eat.
More biking/walking will be in the future for OldManRivers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home