April 29, 2006

First Meeting

Tonight was the first of many family meetings/gatherings of more to come. I called the meeting to come together to start planning our family potlatch. Although, I don't feel like disclosing the specific's of what we talked about, I will metioned how the meeting went.

There was a group of us all together. Myself, Kristen (my sister), Sheryl (my auntie), Melanie (sister/cousin), Frank (uncle), Gramma Audrey, Christine (Mel's mother) and my father, Kevin. The meeting went well. I'm really confident in my families ability to do a major project like a potlatch. As far as I know, my family has not done anything to this magnitude in a very long time. It will be nice to do this work and from the feeling I got from the meeting, we're totaly capable. I am also confident in my lack of ability. I don't feel like stressing or bending myself around to different colours and habits to do this. Thankfully I have relatives to take care of the "gold" things that need to be done. My cousin Melanie came up with some wonderfull idea's that will go a long ways.

The next meeting/dinner planned is May 27th. That will be majorly bigger and really fun. Can't wait now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home