April 15, 2006

Light Reading

If you check out my committment, pledge, covenant, contract, agreement, and accord I made with my self in the last post, you might understand this one a bit more.

About a month ago, I wrote an article for Redwire about a skwxwu7mesh prophecy. It talked about colonization and assimilated and regaining our strength. Anywho, the wonderfull people are Redwire gave me a 100$ honorarium for the fantastic article. I just spent all my DB (Distribution = 250$) but I wanted to become more indigenous, learn more and expland my horizon. I figured I could do this with reading more. My mentor Na'cha'uaht gave me Autobiography of Malcolm X for "Festivus" (since I don't celebrate Christmas). I have been procastinating along with reading that even though I find it intresting. But reading that one books is like watching Ray, Walk the Line, Great Balls of Fire, Ali, etc. etc. etc. (other bio-oic's) one after the other. There is only a certain ammount of "documentry" I can take. With that, I collected/bought a number of new books to keep me intrested and away from the TV when certain shows are not on. Here is the list of books I bought, own, and currently am reading.

  1. The Da Vinci Code
  2. Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy
  3. Dune
  4. Art of War
  5. One Hundred Years of Solitude
  6. The Autobiography of Malcolm X
I have Soul Sword: The Way and Mind of a Zen Warrior on order, so I shall be adding that to the list in a week or so. But with all this reading, I have enough to keep OldManRivers mind buzzing, intrested and active. For those who were wondering, this is FUN to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home