March 29, 2006

Change Right?

Walking

Have you ever walked and felt all alone?
Listening to the wind and its spiritual tone;
Allow the breeze to pass through your heart,
It can fill the emptiness and bring a new start.


Have you ever walked when you were in pain?

When nothing was right and life was in vain;

Listen tot he shimmer of the leaves on the trees,
They can brush the soul and put your mind as ease.


Have you ever walked with nowhere to go?
To pass the time where no one will know;
Stand in the warmth of the sun's mystical ray,
It can fill the emptiness and briten your day.

Have you ever walked with a friend that is true?
Someone who will understand and listen to you;
Friendship is the greatest gift one can give,

It is between two people and a sacred way to live.

Have you ever walked through life with a friend?
The walk is fulfilled and much greater to the end.

- Waxiwidi (William Wasden Jr.)
___________________________________________________

This poem was written for me a few years ago. It was when I was going throuhg probably the most hurt-full and suffering times of my life so far. I feel that it will be the worst ever. I was at point in my life when I wanted to die. I felt like dying because there was no reason to live. The only thing that kept me from going over the edge was my two younger sisters, my brother and my grandmother. I didn't want my younger siblings to have life without a brother and I couldn't imagine doing that to my grandmother whom I loved so much, and still do. At that point in my life had to be the biggest turn around for me where I learned so much about myself in a short ammount of time.

It brings to mind as to "why" I am still here. If things had kept on going I would of killed myself. But desinity brought me to a program some of you may know as "Choices". Leave all your judgments behing and your scepticism to hear what I am saying. The tools I learned there kept me off the edge and set me on a path that I wanted to walk, that now want to run. And when I want to, I will fly. It was at this point I became "OldManRivers" or at least, started on my path to becoming "OldMan". People look up to me and are in awe of me (or so I hear), but it's because of this. Not saying I wasn't an amazing boy before this, but I really owe alot of everything to Choices.

At the end of Choices - Teen Camp, I was leaving. My friend could not make it to see me in time so he sent this poem for me. I will always keep this poem and it stresses so many things for me. Most importantly about change. I changed so much while there, but everyone else back home was still the same. And for you to create change, you can't think you can do it where everyone wants to stay the same. I must now follow that, and create the change I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home