January 11, 2006

No Diamonds For Me!


In response to 2 Month Salary

I don't expect to be giving or getting a ring neither a "diamond" ring when I get married. Even before I read an intrested article and read, I was like "why would I give her a ring? It's idiotic for me to give the women I want to spend the rest of my life with, a ring with a diamond in it." Part of the reason was, and still is, because giving rings for engagments and weddings is a Europian tradition. I am not Europian or from Europian decent. (Okay, I may be, but I don't like to admit it) These are not my traditions and I do not intend to get married this way.

To be honest, I really plan on getting engaged the traditional way. If your indian enough, you might find out what that is.

Now after reading my friends take on it. (Which is similar if not close to mine) I decided I don't even want to get any kind of rings. All this ugly ass jewlyer with "Coastal Native" artwork on it is a full load of shit. I will not agree to the ultimate imperilism assimilation that has and still does happen to my people to praise materialism through capitalistic ideals in hypocritical society. This perpetual motion of my people buy and sceeming their wants out of other brothers and sister is not the same values I want. No rings, no diamond and definitly no ugly ass "native" jewlery.

Say NO to JEWLs boys and girls! You don't know where it comes from or what it believes in!

Read these for more information
Ten Reasons Why You Should Never Accept a Diamond Ring from Anyone
2 Month Salary

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole 'wedding' concept is nothing but one big industry and propaganda scheme aimed at getting lovey-dovey dollars. This summer I read the book "the meaning of wife" which reveals the bridal industry that women completely buy into. Its serious business! It made me ashamed for wanting a big diamond ring (mainly because I found sparkly things to be uber pretty). So now I will have to find another gem to adorn a possible future wedding-band. Yes, I still want one. After all, its an easier way to tell male lookers - 'sorry, I'm taken' without having to karate chop their balls.

Thursday, January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home