January 04, 2006

Call Me A Relic, Call Me What You Will Say I’m Old-fashioned, Say I’m Over The Hill

Relic, Over the hill?
OldManRivers would be fine, but with the lyrics I'll be singing, it won't sound right. You know "that kind of music just soothes the soul" and it makes you "reminisce about the days of old"? It's because it's "that old time rock ’n’ roll".

Now you might reconize these words that strike a certain memory of the 70's. It makes me remember a whole lot of things. Well it's definitly one of my favorite songs.

It goes like this. I'm in class today. I walk in a see 80 or so old Vynal Records (yes, I said old..lol) and a DJ turntable. Now the turn table isn't what's important. What is important is the vynals. My teacher asks me to quickly go through them, find all the ones with nice imagery and people. She needs all the ones that have 70's, 80's and 90's look to it. I thought "that sounds good". I'm looking through and of course, I reconize alot of these Bands and Singers. (Part of the reason I am infamously known as "OldManRivers" is because of that) I see Nazereth, The Monkeys, The Rolling Stones, The Cars, Billy Idol, Billy Joel and of course, one of my favorites, a Mr. Bob Seger.

I yell out "HEEEY!!! This is a wicked one". Mostly due because I reconize it and hell, love it. I look on the bag and see some songs I know. My teacher comes over to see what I found and she was thinkin' "cool, cool". I told her about how much I like this guy and that I usualy do this guy at Karaoke. (My fans know what I'm talking about) She goes on to tell me that everythings for Carson Graham's (my school) 40's birthday. She also goes on to say that this year, they are putting on a big show with stuff from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. That they are going to do a fashon and show and all this other stuff. She then asks me if I would do a certain somthing for the show.

She says that they are not doing a "ArtzFuze" this year but this. Which I thought was cool because, I didn't care for Artsfuze. She then asks me if I would do a lip sync to that song for it. We bot start pondering things about it. Clothes, music, hair, and everything. I told her I would think about it. I also asked her how she would do the "facial" hair like Mr.Bob Seger. She said I have the best hair for it and that'd be totaly cool.

I of course have decided that I will not being doing a LIP SYNC but actualy singing, Old Time Rock & Roll by Bob Seger. I have yet to tell her, but it should be great. I'll let you all know, the more this developes.

Here are the lyrics for this awesome song and one of my favorites.

Bob Seger - Old Time Rock & Roll

Old time rock & roll
Just take those old records off the shelf
I’ll sit and listen to ’em by myself
Today’s music ain ’t got the same soul
I like that old time rock ’n’ roll

Don’t try to take me to a disco
You’ll never even get me out on the
In ten minutes I’ll be late for the door
I like that old time rock’n’ roll

Still like that old time rock’n’ roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock ’n’ roll

Won’t go to hear them play a tango
I’d rather hear some blues or funky old soul
There’s only sure way to get me to go
Start playing old time rock ’n’ roll

Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I’m old-fashioned, say I’m over the hill
Today’ music ain’t got the same soul
I like that old time rock ’n’ roll

Still like that old time rock’n’ roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock ’n’ roll

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home