January 29, 2006

The New Music [Part I]

List of new artists and bands that I have recently begun to listen to. Some of these guys have been around for a while, but I've just started to listen to them and like them.



Metric - vocalist and keyboardist
Emily Haines, guitarist James Shaw, bassist Joshua Winstead and drummer Joules Scott-Key.

Seen them in Concert a couple years back. It was a Billy Talent Concert, and these guys were they're also.

I guess my thanks goes to my sister. She is the one who really introduced them to me. It's mostly because of her this is one of my new favorite bands.

Website: ilovemetric.com













The Arcade Fire - Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, Richard Reed Parry, William Butler, Tim Kingsbury, Sarah Neufeld,

I found out about them because of Much Music. I don't remember what the show was but they were talking about these guys. Then they showed interviews with some celeb's that commented on these guys. My god Bono said it's one of his new favorite bands and so they are also one of my favorite bands.

They are a great band with a really sweet sound. They have become extremly popular, yet remain they're Indie style.

Website: arcadefire.com

















James Blunt - "the british guy"

Found out about this guy from two places this week.

1.) Smallvile - few of his songs were played in the 100th episode where a few people died. Extremly sad episode, but the this guy is a wonderful singer

2.) SNL - played on SNL. This is what made me want to download him.

Website: jamesblunt.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home