December 19, 2005

words to live by


here are some words that I choose to live by. words from my "god" that speak alot of truth in me...lol

As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.

Fear is the opposite of faith.

Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head.

I could never be a politician because I think I'm too selfish, and I think I like to have fun: the right to be irresponsible is a right I hold dear.

I have never tried to write this thing called a song that's played on radios all around the world, that window-cleaners hum, that people listen to in traffic jams. I was never interested in song: U2 came about through a sound.

I'm tired of dreaming. I'm into doing at the moment. It's, like, let's only have goals that we can go after.

Joy is a subject I go on and on about. It's one of the only emotions you can't contrive. It's impossible. Despair and anger are easier to convey. Great rock 'n' roll, the raw stuff, is pure joy. It's that sense of being alive, of being grateful for your pulse.

Music can change the world because it can change people.

My heroes are the ones who survived doing it wrong, who made mistakes, but recovered from them.

One of the greatest contradictions of rock 'n' roll is that it's very personal, private music made on a huge public address system.

The attention of the world might sometimes be elsewhere, but history is watching. It's taking notes. And it's going to hold us to account, each of us.

The truth is when that singer is saying something that comes from right down within him, and it affects you right down within you. That's when you start talking about great music, as distinct from nice music.

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.

We thought that we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong.

Yes, I sometimes fail, but at least I'm willing to experiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home